Overview of the project
Phase 1 of the Scheme was for Mount Merrion Av. And the N11 from MMA Mount Merrion Avenue to the Lower Kilmacud road, which was completed by Roadstone in 2022. Phase 2 is currently progressing and extends along N11 from the Lower Kilmacud Road to Cornelscourt as shown in the location map below.
Roadstone has been appointed as the main contractor for the works.
Description of the project
The objective of this project is to carry-out Road pavement renewal works for the extents of the N11 as shown in the map above. The works will include but are not limited to, the cold milling of the existing road surface and a 45mm bituminous inlay replacement.
The Works will also include the following works:
- Road pavement repairs
- Localised repairs to footpaths/cycle tracks
- Repair and replacement of sections of damaged drainage infrastructure
- Reinstatement of line marking
- Resetting of utility covers
The scheme entails road resurfacing of the N11 from the junction with Mount Merrion Avenue to the Loughlinstown roundabout and also includes the road resurfacing of the N31 comprising Mount Merrion Avenue, from the junction with the N11 to the junction with Rock Road (R118). The scope of works also includes maintenance works to footpaths/cycle tracks and the surface water drainage networks along the route.
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council (DLRCC), 01 205 4700, in conjunction with Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII), 01 646 3600.
Barry Transportation, 01 485 1400, and McCurdy Associates appointed for Scheme in April 2020
- Roadstone Ltd. completed Phase 1 of Scheme in 2022;
- Roadstone Ltd. have been appointed for the current Phase of the Scheme - Phase 2 in August 2022;
- Phase 3 TBC 2023/2024
Summary of Works - Phase 2
Location: N11 from Lwr Kilmacud Road Junction to Cornelscourt.
- Road Resurfacing - This is predominantly to be a 45mm road resurfacing of the N11 with certain sections of deeper 105mm repair works. Works will include Reinstating Road Markings, utility covers, traffic detector loops at traffic lights. Red cycleway surfacing and High Friction Surfacing will also be reinstated with some new sections.
- Footpath and cycle tracks repair and replacement works along this section
- Drainage maintenance repairs along this section
Footpath, Cycle Track and Drainage repair Works:
February – May
Road Resurfacing works:
April - June
High Friction Surfacing:
April – Mid-June
General Phasing of works
Road Resurfacing works are to commence from North and Progress in 3 Sections under night-time Road Closures.
- Section 1: Lower Kilmacud Road to Newtown Park Junction (ch1050 to 2570)
- Section 2:Newtown Park Junction to Kill Lane (ch2570 to ch3530)
- Section 3: Kill Lane to the R842 Old Bray Road (ch3530 to ch4100)
Within each section the outbound and inbound carriageways will progress separately with outbound to progress first.
The footpath, cycle track and drainage repair and replacement works are to be progressed ahead of road resurfacing.
High Friction Surfacing Works will follow the resurfacing Works. A lag will be required for High Friction Surfacing works to ensure improved adhesion and these works.
Lane Closure and Working Time restrictions
Two-way traffic movements to be maintained on the N11 between the hours of 06:00 and 20:00. Full carriageway closures to be between 20:00 - 05:00.
Noisier works, such as cold milling / planning of the pavement, to only be carried out during the day where practicable or to be scheduled as early as possible and prior to 11pm during any night shift.
Noise restriction and noise monitored will be in place during the construction works.
Diversion routes will be posted one week in advance of road closure. Roads closure start date 3rd April 2023.
Contacts for project
Darren Jordan, Roadstone, 087 348 096, email@example.com
Graham Doyle, Roadstone, 087 279 2090, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Delahunty, Roadstone, 087 170 7789, email@example.com
Traffic management emergency contacts
Emergency number day or night : 087 272 2276
Diversion Routes - N11 and N31 Pavement Renewal Scheme
EN 6279-001-011 (rev03) N11 Phase 2 - Section 3NB Road Closure - Diversion Route
EN 6279-001-009 (rev01) N11 Phase 2 - Section 2SB Road Closure - Diversion Route
EN 6279-001-058 (rev03) N11 Phase 2 - Section 1NB Road Closure - Diversion Route
EN 6279-001-013 (rev01) N11 Phase 2 - Section 1NB Road Closure - Diversion Route
Section 1 Southbound Road closure - Diversion Route.
Darren Jordan, Roadstone, 087 348 096, firstname.lastname@example.org (communications/liaison officer)