Graduates are invited to apply for the position of Graduate Health & Safety Officer. Successful candidates be based in one of our main Roadstone Quarry locations and will get exposure over a number of different locations in order to gain an understanding of our business. The successful candidate will report to the National Health & Safety Manager.
The candidate will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Drive awareness & improvement of all H&S regulations and requirements to their allocated company locations, employees and contractors.
- Provide support and learn from the Health and Safety Officers.
- Develop accident prevention and reduction plans and programmes.
- Organise and carry out inspections and investigations.
- Involved in driving and communication of safety initiative programmes.
- Involved in organising and training employees and contractors.
- Provide accurate health and safety advice and guidance.
- Remaining up to date with any changes to H&S legislation, CRH requirements etc
- Involvement in maintaining and progressing our health and safety management systems.
- Ability to communicate information effectively to both employees and contractors.
Candidates should ideally possess:
- A relevant Qualification in Health & Safety or Other Similar qualification.
- Third level qualification would be an advantage.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- A clean driving licence will be required, as a company vehicle is supplied.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Proactive, organised, results driven and self-motivated.
Graduates will take part in our two-year graduate development programme, which will guide you through a semi-structured programme across various areas in our business in order to develop technical, interpersonal, commercial and management skills.
Apply now for this role:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme with Employer contribution
- Share Participation Scheme (Revenue Approved)
- Paid Holidays (21 days)
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Mentoring support & Performance Management
- Company vehicle, phone & laptop
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Product discount
- Bike-to-Work Scheme