Graduates are invited to apply for the position of Graduate Civil Engineer. Successful candidates may be offered the opportunity to work with our Road Contracts division which plans and manages road resurfacing projects for major clients or be based in one of our main Roadstone Quarry locations. The successful candidate will report to the Regional Operations Manager.
The candidate will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Ensure we maintain and progress our high health, safety and environmental standards.
- Learn & understand the operation and maintenance requirements of our mobile and fixed plant.
- Oversee our process to ensure safety and productivity are maintained.
- Be involved in process projects that target sustainability or efficiency improvements.
- In our Road Contracts division, there is significant involvement in planning road surfacing projects to ensure all safety and job specific documentation is in place including traffic management plans.
- In quarry locations, a key role is to co-ordinate and oversee maintenance operations under the guidance of location management.
- Monitor our output to ensure our jobs and products meet the targeted quality specifications.
- Ability to communicate information and plans effectively to both employees, contractors and other stakeholders who we work with.
Candidates should ideally possess:
- A relevant third level Qualification in Civil Engineering or Other Similar qualification.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- A clean driving licence will be required, as a company vehicle is supplied.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Proactive, organised, results driven and self-motivated.
Graduates will take part in our two-year graduate development programme, which will guide you through a semi-structured programme across various areas in our business in order to develop technical, interpersonal, commercial and management skills.
Apply now for this role:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme with Employer contribution
- Share Participation Scheme (Revenue Approved)
- Paid Holidays (21 days)
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Mentoring support & Performance Management
- Company vehicle, phone & laptop
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Product discount
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Paid Maternity/ Paternity Leave