Graduates are invited to apply for the position of Graduate Geologist as part of the Planning & Environmental Team based in one of the main Roadstone locations. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager Planning, Environment and Property for Ireland Materials. A level of hybrid working will be available for this role.
The candidate will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Identify, investigate and evaluate mineral resources.
- Engage in geophysical surveys and liaise with geophysical contractors.
- Geological core logging and sampling.
- Topographical GPS and UAV surveying.
- Digital terrain modelling and CAD drafting.
- Explore, map and develop sites for mineral extraction.
- Advise on the geological aspects of the planning consent process.
Candidates should ideally possess:
- A relevant third level Qualification in Geology or similar qualifications
- Previous Irish ground investigation site experience would be an advantage
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- A clean driving licence will be required, as a company vehicle is supplied
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Proactive, organised, results driven and self-motivated
Graduates will also take part in our two-year graduate development programme, which will guide you through a semi-structured programme across various areas in our business in order to develop technical, interpersonal, commercial and management skills.
Apply now for this role:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme with Employer contribution
- Share Participation Scheme (Revenue Approved)
- Paid Holidays (21 days)
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Mentoring support & Performance Management
- Company vehicle, phone & laptop
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Product discount
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Paid Maternity/ Paternity Leave