Aquaflow Permeable Paving (SuDS)
What is SuDS?
A sustainable urban drainage system (SuDS) is an alternative to the traditional pipes, gullies and culverts approach to a development and its drainage strategy. A SuDS system comprises components and techniques that are deemed to be more sustainable and deal with storm water at source.
SuDS is the practice of controlling surface water run-off as close to its origin as possible, before it’s discharged to a watercourse or to the ground. Managing the water on site, minimize its runoff, detain the water for passive treatment and control it’s discharge rate back to the water table. The Roadstone Aquaflow system provides a practical solution to SuDS.
Ideal for all uses from home to commercial applications, for water harvesting to reducing the strains on our existing systems.
The Roadstone Aquaflow SuDS allows rain to infiltrate through a permeable block paved surface into a unique sub-base before being released in a controlled manner into sewers or water courses. The system is capable of handling rainfall more that 4500mm per square meter per hour.
The water leaving the Aquaflow system is cleaned by filtration and microbial action and can be used for secondary non-potable uses such as flushing toilets and watering soft landscapes.
A further advantage of Roadstone’s Aquaflow system is that roof water can be drained directly into the sub-base, or if spherically drained, through a dispersion chamber.
Discharge rates are in accordance with Greenfield run-off can readily be achieved if required. Alternatively, if the underlaying sub grade is suitable, the water can be infiltrated directly into the sub grade.
Roadstone can provide all the materials necessary to facilitate the design and construction of our Aquaflow permeable paving system.
For further assistance and technical information regarding Aquaflow Permeable Paving please contact Aidan McCann or Brian Staed on 01 4041200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key features and benefits
- RIAI Approved CPD available - email email@example.com for more details
- Tried and Tested Permeable paving system
- Comprehensive design service from our permeable paving design consultants in Formpave
- Designs can accommodate Greenfield run off rates
- Tanked and Infiltration options are available
- Water available for secondary use
- Range of colours and sizes available
- Lower capital cost and maintenance than traditional options. No need for petrol interceptors, gulley’s etc.
- Control of run-off and pollution