Roadstone supplied and installed approx. 270m² of SL8 roof tiles and dry-fit tile accessories. The SL8 roof tile was chosen by the customer as it replicated the look of natural slate while being more economical, durable and quicker to install.
The SL8 roof tile offers a 60-year structural guarantee, which is double that of a standard fibre cement tile. The SL8 roof tile is also suitable for NZEB (Nearly Zero Energy Building) and passive houses which incorporate a warm roof system.
The house was received by the Roadstone Roofing Contracts crew with a recently constructed cut roof. The proposed roof contained seven dormers windows.
The roofing team applied the following roof components:
· Wind-tight, high vapour permeability roofing felt. (Moisture penetration resistant and breathable)
· SR82 Timber roofing battens, pressure treated.
· SL8 concrete roof tiles
· Code 5 Lead lined valleys
· Dry hip system
· Eave ventilation System – low level ventilation
· Copper ventilated, rapid roll out ridge system – high level ventilation
· Stepped dry verge